What will happen if I have a Code Violation?
A Codes Enforcement Officer will notify you of the violation and provide you a specific time frame to comply - these time frames are determined by Code. If you need additional time, please contact the Codes Officer. Our goal is to achieve voluntary compliance through communication and cooperation. If compliance is not achieved, the Codes Officer can take additional action through either abatement of the violation (the cost will be assessed to the property owner) or through a “Notice to appear” in Municipal Court. If you are issued a “Notice to appear,” you will be given an arraignment date to appear in court and have the opportunity to plead guilty or not guilty. The Municipal Court Judge will determine guilt or innocence and the appropriate penalty.
Codes Enforcement
Peculiar MO City Logo
City of Peculiar | 250 S. Main Street Peculiar, MO 64078  |  Phone: 816-779-5212  |  Fax: 816-779-1004
Contact Us  |  Site Map   |  Powered by MunicipalCMS
E-notify RSS Feeds Twitter Facebook