New Utility Rates Effective for October 1st, 2016 Billing
September 19th, 2016 the Board of Aldermen approved the 2016-2017 Operating Budget. the 2016-2017 Operating Budget can be found here. The budget adoption included a $1.50 increase to all water rates per 1000 gallons and a $0.55 increase to all sewer rates per 1000 gallons of usage. These rates are required to pay for much needed capital improvements throughout both the water and wastewater systems. These rates are also in line with the recommended increases as outlined in the water and sewer rate studies. The water rate study can be found here. The sewer rate study can be found here. Please review the information below informing you on what the rate increase will accomplish.
Notable improvements these rates will help pay for are:
- The new transmission water main to Kansas City.
- A new water line down Harr-Grove Road
- New water lines on Soryl, and Clairmont.
- Multiple sewer line improvements and line up-sizing to help handle new development.
- Disinfection at the wastewater treatment facility per our newly issued permit from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
These projects are outlined in the 2017-2021 CIP Plan that was adopted with the budget. Please review them for your information.